Head of the department: Mekhak Ghazaryan, chief specialists: Hasmik Saroyan, Gor Mikayelyan, Gayane Yeremyan, senior specialists: Gayane Sukiasyan, Gayane Karapetyan.
The main functions of the department are:
- provision of the process of examination of draft norms of limit permissible emissions of harmful substances into the atmosphere and issuing of permits for emission quantities into the atmosphere,
- organizing and ensuring the process of issuing one-time licenses, permits, clarifications for the import of individual quantities of ozone-depleting substances and hydrofluorocarbons, ozone-depleting substances and products containing them through the customs territory of Armenia (import, export and transit transportation),
- organizing and ensuring the process of approval of waste passports drawn up by generators of hazardous waste,
- organizing and ensuring the process of approval of waste generation norms and their installation limits for legal entities and individual entrepreneurs,
- organizing and ensuring the process of issuing one-time licenses, permits, conclusions for cross-border transportation of hazardous waste, import of toxic substances not considered precursors of narcotics and psychoactive substances, delivery of ozone-depleting substances (import, export and transit transportation)
- Organizing and ensuring the process of issuing licenses for the use of hazardous waste in RA,
- the organization and provision of the process of regulation of prohibited and restricted goods reserved to the Ministry, in the case of trade with third countries by RA,
- ensuring the management of the state cadastre of waste,
Other functions defined by the statute of the department(https://bit.ly/44iNDEp).