Head of the department Lusine Avetisyan, deputy head of the department Artur Ghavalyan, chief specialists of the department: Marina Aydinyan, Mary Harutyunyan, Atom Mkhitaryan, Vahram Hovhannisyan, Anna Martirosyan, expert of the "In Action" project, Karen Khachatryan.
With their daily responsible work, these people contribute to having a sustainable developing environment in the Republic of Armenia.
The main functions of the department are:
- Ensuring and analyzing the process of development and implementation of sector policy programs and strategies,
- Development of environmental sections of the government program,
- Preparation of annual and current activity summary reports of the Ministry,
- development of state programs in the field of environmental protection and provision of the budget process,
- the development of economic mechanisms for environmental protection,
- the development and implementation of policies aimed at promoting the green economy, within the Ministry's competences,
- development of legal projects regulating the process of environmental impact assessment and expertise,
- development and implementation of ecological science and education policies, programs and strategies,
- Other functions defined by the statute of the department (https://bit.ly/3Ws6lWZ)