As part of the "Our team" cycle initiated by the Public Relations Department of the Ministry of Environment, today we present to you the Department of International Cooperation of the Ministry, its composition and functions.
Meet our team of the Department of International Cooperation of the Ministry of Environment:
Head of the Department Ruzanna Grigoryan, Deputy Head of the Department Arsen Nikoyan, Chief Specialists Kristine Khachatryan, Ani Khachaturyan, Karen Hovhannisyan, Anush Melikyan, senior specialists-Rimma Amirkhanyan, Eliza Poghosyan, Anahit Martirosyan, Eleonora Aleksanyan, Management specialist Meri Aghababyan, operator Larisa Kharatova, translator Armine Hakobyan. The MoE Department of International Cooperation performs the following functions:
- ensures the Ministry's participation in events/initiatives carried out within the framework of multilateral environmental international agreements, as well as in international (global and regional) processes of the sphere,
- organizes the process of developing work programs to fulfill the obligations of the Republic of Armenia arising from multilateral environmental international agreements, and participates in the implementation of,
- participates in ensuring cooperation within the framework of international treaties, agreements in the field of the environment (including multilateral ones) and in accordance with the procedure established by law, fulfilling obligations under international treaties within the framework of its powers and work on their implementation,
- ensures the process of drafting international environmental programs and studying projects of international programs submitted to the Ministry and providing opinions on them,
- ensures cooperation with foreign states, global and regional organizations in the field of the environment,
- participates in the coordination of environmental programs implemented with the financial support of foreign states and international organizations,
- ensures cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia in accordance with the established procedure in connection with foreign policy directions,
- coordinates the development of drafts of multilateral and bilateral international treaties, agreements and memoranda, provides the process related to their signing and ratification,
- participates in the implementation of bilateral international agreements in the field of nature protection,
- organizes and carries out reception to the Ministry of Foreign States, diplomatic missions and delegations of international organizations in accordance with the established procedure, as well as submission of relevant information to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia,
- within the competence of the Department, in accordance with the established procedure, provides work on the organization of foreign business trips of representatives of the Ministry, provides communication with international structures, diplomatic missions, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia,
- participates in the organization and implementation of international consultations, conferences, seminars, retraining courses and other events,
- performs other functions assigned to the management of other legal acts.